Alternate Care Inventory management
Want more information?
Rx inventory is typically the single largest asset in an LTC pharmacy. Therefore, better management will result in increased profitability. Cardinal Health puts asset management tools, such as cardinal.com Ordering and Cardinal Inventory Manager (CIM) at your fingertips so you can implement your inventory strategy and ensure you have the right product levels at all times.
Rx purchasing programs, such as SOURCESM Generics and First ScriptSM, allow you to procure the most cost-effective products and obtain immediate access to newly released generics.
Cardinal Inventory Manager (CIM)
CIM gives you access to a web-based, perpetual and auto replenishment inventory control solution that enables you to effectively manage your Rx inventory. Key benefits of this user-friendly offering include the ability to maintain accurate on-hand information and minimize day-to-day exceptions.
Cardinalhealth.com ordering puts the power of the Internet to work and saves you time, aggravation and money. Available 24/7, you'll have real-time access to stock status, product pricing and allocation, purchase history and order confirmation.
The First ScriptSM automatic shipment offering provides immediate access to newly released generic pharmaceutical products. As a First ScriptSM customer, you receive new releases as soon as the FDA approves the product and it's available in Cardinal Health distribution centers.
- 15-day supply of new generics customized on your purchase history of the brand equivalent 60 days prior to the generic’s release.*
- 60 days of dating on generics.
- 60 days of price protection to insulate you through potential market volatility following a generic launch.
- Hypothetical reimbursement models to help gauge pharmacy profitability.
- 180 days to return unused and unopened product.
*While 30 days brand usage is the targeted quantity of products for each generic First ScriptSM, adjustments may be necessary when an adequate supply of product is not available due to certain market, supplier and/or reimbursement conditions. First ScriptSM auto-shipments will also never exceed 30 units of any single drug.
Make your buying decisions easier
Cardinal Health is committed to you and your success. With one of the broadest generics offerings in the industry, we are able to provide you with a comprehensive and flexible program that rewards loyalty and creates value. Our SOURCESM Generics offering is designed to improve inventory management, reduce purchasing costs and provide you with a consistent, reliable supply of product to meet your business needs – all to help YOU succeed!
Understanding that not every pharmacy has the same needs, Cardinal Health is flexible in its offerings and will work with you to develop the generics program that's right for you.
The Cardinal Health SOURCESM Generics offering provides its retail pharmacy customers with nearly 4,300 competitively-priced generic products, back-up pricing guarantees, automatic distribution of new generic drugs, online resource tools and much, much more.
Be sure and talk with your Cardinal Health sales consultant about how we can make your buying decisions easier.
Why healthcare professionals choose SOURCESM Generics when they want the very best:
- Alignment with the strongest and best-positioned suppliers
- Consistent and reliable supply of product
- Fewer product switches/insulation from market disruptions
- Market-competitive pricing/reduced purchasing costs
- Automatic receipt of newly-released generic items
- Strategies to maximize product reimbursement
- Timely communications on generics and significant industry news
- …and a team of enthusiastic and dedicated generics authorities committed to delivering exceptional experiences for our customers day-after-day!
We deliver more than just quality generics… we deliver solutions the help you succeed!
Mobile Solutions is an extension of cardinalhealth.com ordering that enables you to order and receive product electronically through an untethered handheld scanning device. You can walk the shelves to order product each day and transmit the order to cardinalhealth.com ordering or your distribution center.